AKS Custom Airbag Wiring Resistor Kit For Retro Fitting Aftermarket Bucket Seats Or Recaro Wingbacks - AKSRESISTOR
Ever since the dawn of the automobile, people have changed the seats in there vehicles for more comfortable, lighter weight or more desirable models of car seat. On Vehicles With airbags fitted in the factory seats though, there is an added layer of complication. When fitting non original seats they will more than likely not have any airbags in the side bolsters. If you fit seats without airbags to a vehicle with seat airbags from factory, a warning light will appear on your dash, an airbag warning light is an instant M.O.T failure in the UK.
Over the years we have done our fair share of these conversions, and so we decided it was time to put a product on the market.
These AKS custom wiring resistors plug into the factory seat airbag loom of your vehicle, matching the electrical resistance of the seat airbags from the factory seats, which turns the airbag warning light off by tricking the control unit into thinking that the airbags are fitted, and the OEM seats are still in place.
Before Ordering This product, Please Follow These Steps...
- Please contact us first before placing an order with your vehicle registration/chassis number and if possible the part number of the airbag electrical connector on the OEM seat wiring and the connector on the loom underneath the seats.
- We will check and advise we can make the kit for your vehicle.
- Place the order through the website.
Once the kit arrives with you, its simply a case of plugging the resistors in to the airbag connector on the wiring loom under the seats, clearing the fault codes and you should be good to go!
- As there are so many combinations of vehicle / seat airbag electrical connectors to choose from this is a completely custom service and these kits are made from scratch, please anticipate a lead time. Please contact us so we can advise current lead times.
- The item in the pictures above serves as a guide only. Products may vary depending on part numbers of the yellow airbag connectors required.
- Some vehicles will have a seat occupancy sensor fitted. These plugs do not remove the fault code that appears with having the occupancy sensor unplugged. This warning can either be coded out in the airbag module, the original sensor removed from the old seat and plugged back in, or a new sensor purchased and plugged in.
- Once the plugs are fitted the fault codes stored in the airbag module may need to be cleared for the fault to stay off. If you plug the sensors in and the airbag warning light is still on, try clearing all the fault codes first!
- These plugs are for VW, Audi, Seat & Skoda models only.
- If you have a VW Transporter and you are removing a bench seat to fit a single front passenger seat, and only require one sensor please contact us as we can do