The Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing (ATB) helical gear limited slip differential is designed to prevent the complete loss of drive that occurs with a conventional ‘open’ differential when one wheel spins. Whilst requiring some torque in the slipping wheel to function, the Quaife ATB is progressive in action but never locks – controlled power is transmitted to all the driving wheels. Ideally suited to high powered front wheel drive cars, Quaife ATB differentials also benefit rear and four wheel drive vehicles where optimum traction is required. A direct replacement for a factory ‘open’ differential, no special oils are required and the standard transmission lubrication can be retained. Lubrication services should be observed at factory intervals or more frequently for Quaife ATB units subjected to motorsport use.
The Quaife ATB differential is a true ‘fit and forget’ upgrade that offers compromise-free performance and reliability. Key features of the Quaife ATB helical gear limited slip differential include:
• Safe, progressive and seamless in action, the Quaife ATB differential never ‘locks’
• Controlled power is transmitted to all driven wheels, to maximise traction and minimise wheelspin, particularly in slippery conditions
• Fitment eliminates unwanted torque steer, understeer or oversteer
• Designed to work in harmony with road car OEM electronic stability programs
• Improves braking performance by reducing lock ups and minimises ABS intrusion
• Reduces tyre wear, especially on front wheel drive cars
• Gear operated with no components to replace – ever
• Direct replacement for factory standard ‘open’ differential unit
• Retains normal axle lubrication systems and maintenance schedule
• Over 250,000 units sold worldwide since the 1980’s
• Backed by the confidence of a Quaife lifetime warranty
Fits ALL VW / Audi / Seat and Skoda 5 Speed Manual 02A Gearboxes (excludes Quattro / 4Motion).