The 4" De-cat downpipe was designed to be the first and last downpipe you'll need to buy for your car, regardless of the size of the hybrid that you attach it to!
When you start pushing the OEM turbo, exhaust gas temperatures start to rise (this is the same for the hybrids). This downpipe is about as close to having a bonnet exit exhaust as you can get, without the associated hassle of a section 59!
Key points to bear in mind
- This downpipe is only available with a quality OEM style soft flex. The same style as the one it rolled out of the factory with. Using any other style of flex will simply turn you turbo and downpipe into another engine mount.
- We've utilised the factory downpipe support bracket on the back of the engine block. This was an important thing for us to do, as this will help reduce stresses being transmitted to the turbo and V band connection.
- Designed and manufactured in England using European sourced 304 stainless steel.
- Mandrel bent in house using computer controlled machinery.
- All Tig welds back purged.
In over a year of development leading up to the release of this downpipe we've found the following;
- Lower exhaust gas temperatures
- Earlier turbo spool, giving power earlier and holding that advantage across the rev range
- Reduced under bonnet temperatures
- Reduced drone
Its design allows fitment to cars with completely standard exhausts (with the use of the adapter available separately) and cars with 3" aftermarket exhausts (adapter also available separately)
The Catalyst version of the downpipe will require stage 2 software due to its positioning.